Friday, January 31, 2014

Savory Crepes

Friday night my husband makes crepes. I felt I needed to make a filling that was a bit more substantial than his butter, powdered sugar, and lemon juice filling. So this is what I came up with what was in my fridge.

1/2 cup mushrooms
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/8- 1/4 cup spinach (I used frozen )
1 cup shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken
2 slices of smoked provolone cheese
shredded parmesan cheese
cream to wet

Sautee the mushrooms in the butter until soft. Then add spinach and cook until thawed, or wilted (if using fresh spinach). Then add all the other ingredients. Add enough cream until there is a slight saucy consistency and just sprinkle the parmesan on top. I would say maybe 1/8 of a cup.


Sorry for the low quality picture. I took it with my iPhone. 

Wrap this up in a freshly made crepe and voila! It's fantastic. 


I think next time I will bake them in a pan smothered in homemade béchamel sauce. 
You could use any cheese you like, really. I bet swiss would be good, with some chopped or sundried tomatoes.  Artichokes and bacon would be really tasty too. It was good just like this and I had all the ingredients in my pantry and fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment