Sunday, February 2, 2014

Berry Lemonade Bread

This is a work in progress, but I thought I would post it in case some one else wants to help with the progress!  My mom used to make a lemon bread when I was a kid and I remember waiting for the goodness to enter my mouth. I have adjusted the recipe to make it more dense. I hope you enjoy it.

4 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 lemon with rind grated
1/2 cup frozen berries (I use raspberries and blueberries)

Cream together butter, salt and sugar. Add eggs and lemon rind and mix until evenly incorporated. Mix your baking powder in with your flour and make sure it is mixed so there are not lumps for baking powder. Add milk and flour mixture and fold very lightly. Then fold berries until barely mixed. You want to do this step very lightly. It doesn't matter if the batter is lumpy.  Pour into 2 greased mini loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes. I like to add tinfoil to the top for the last 10 minutes.

Simple syrup

Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar

Heat on a stove until sugar is dissolved.

As soon as the bread is out of the oven, spoon the syrup over the loaf. The trick is to do this while the bread is still hot so it will soak up the syrup. Let the loaves cool and then enjoy.

























If you don't have a mini loaf pan you can either buy a set of 4 disposable pans at most grocery stores or go on Amazon. I purchased mine on Amazon at the below link. I researched many and found these to be the best quality. It comes in a set of 4 but I figure you can never have too many mini loaf pans.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047N13JI/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1


No comments:

Post a Comment