Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rosemary Eucalyptus Massage Mousse



Today I'm posting a recipe of one of my favorite concoctions I have come up with yet. This is such a versatile blend. I started using it as a homemade shaving cream for those areas that leave razor burn hoping that it would soothe. It did.  Then I started whipping it and made it into a massage mousse. Now I use it to help clear up my toddler's eczema. It has worked wonders on her skin!  This is quite oily so I wouldn't suggest using it in place of lotion.  So here it the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!









1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup shea butter
1/8 cup jojoba oil
1/8 cup sweet almond oil
1/4 teaspoon Rosemary oil
1/4 teaspoon Eucalyptus oil
1/8 teaspoon Tea tree oil (this is optional)

Melt all ingredients in a pan over low heat on the stove. Let it solidify overnight or put it in the fridge for faster results. Once the oils have solidified, whip the mixture with a hand mixer until soft peaks form and it is light and fluffy.  Transfer the mousse into containers. I use 8 oz ball canning bottles because they aren't very deep and it makes it so I don't have to dig and get my whole hand oily when I want a little bit. On that note, this is quite oily so I would not suggest using it in place of lotion.

This can be stored at room temperature, but if it does melt, all you need to do it stick it back in the fridge and re-whip it if you want it fluffy.


Here is a picture of what the soft peaks look like (if you're not a cook or baker this term may not be familiar).



Soft peaks                                                            Finished product

I got my coconut oil from Target. I prefer to use their's because it is expelled oil which means that it doesn't have any scent of coconut. I have also used Trader Joes before and theirs still has a hint of coconut scent, which isn't entirely unpleasant. I think it does take away from the minty scents of the tea tree oil and rosemary though.

Here is a picture of all the products I used minus the coconut oil. It wouldn't fit in the picture.









No comments:

Post a Comment