Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I went on a 3 week sprint to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I tried all kinds of cookies from the internet and accumulated recipes from friends. I finally combined a bunch of them to make what I have decided is the "perfect" chocolate chip cookie.  I don't eat cookie dough, but I have it on good authority that this is exceptional good tasting dough. Here is the recipe, and here goes your figure.

1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter (softened)
2 large eggs
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 cups chocolate chips (I prefer guittard)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs, vanilla and salt. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just barely combined. Add chocolate chips and mix until incorporated. Place 1 1/2 inch balls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes depending on the heat of your oven (mine is exactly 8 1/2 minutes).The trick to these cookies is to pull them out before they get browned. They will not look done, but trust me. They are!




1 comment:

  1. I am going to try these today. I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. Excited I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete