Sunday, April 27, 2014

Creamy Black Bean Salsa

I don't know where my mom got this recipe, but I'm glad she shared it with me. It is beautiful and fantastic! 


1- 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed) 
1 1/2 cup frozen white corn (thawed)
1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 Tbsp chopped fresh italian parsley
(my mom uses cilantro but I don't like cilantro so I substituted parsley)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/8 tsp (on a pinch) of pepper

Combine the sauce by mixing the parsley, sour cream, yogurt, vinegar, cumin, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and pepper together first. Then mix it into your veggies. I think it tastes better if you let it refrigerate at least 1 hour, but it is fantastic right off too. 

Serve with corn tortilla chips. 

________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment